Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nintendo 3DS

Well, I did say not all of these would be YouTube related, right?


  

Since I do write Nintendo related news for another site, I thought I would mention this here.  Late last night (or yesterday afternoon in Japan), Nintendo revealed tons of info regarding the upcoming Nintendo 3DS handheld gaming system.  I got the opportunity to look at the 3DS back at E3, and even after seeing it then, all of the recent announcements have been a bit overwhelming.  I won't go into all of the specifics here, but you can read the summary written by another NSider2 news writer by clicking here.

I haven't bought a handheld gaming system since the original Nintendo DS from 2004, meaning I skipped over the DS Lite and DSi models.  I guess that's just more evidence that good things come to those who wait?

I guess this could somewhat be YouTube related, though... I've been watching some YouTube videos showing off the 3DS, but unfortunately, this does not do the system justice.  You can't see the 3D effect on a video.  Nintendo is somewhat aware of this, but if they want people to know exactly what the 3DS can do in terms of actual 3D, they are going to have to figure out a way to do it somewhat quickly (although they have until early next year to do it).

Even if it does end up being $250 US at launch, chances are I'm still going to buy it on or around launch.

No comments:

Post a Comment